I live outside Japan. Can I directly file an application for trademark registration with the Japan Patent Office?

No, it is not possible for a person residing outside Japan to directly apply for trademark registration. The Japan Patent Office does not accept any payments directly including payments by transfers from bank, credit cards, or checks from applicants/persons residing outside Japan.

So, for filing application you will need the help of someone living in Japan to do this on your behalf. The Japanese law allows only patent attorneys to engage in the business of taking this procedure before the JPO.

Trademark Registration Office in Japan

 Patent Attorney:Hiroshi Oogai

 Address:304 BUREX Hirakawacho 1-5-15, Hirakawa-cho,

       Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan


 Mail:contact @ trademark-registration-japan.com

Inquiry for Trademark registration in japan

Copyright(c) 2013 Trademark Registration in Japan All Rights Reserved.